January 8, 2020
Nevada Irrigation District (NID) Directors agreed to ensure District action items developed to support strategic goals will be measurable and include deliverables, during their July 24 meeting. Present were President Ricki Heck, Vice President Chris Bierwagen, Scott Miller, Laura Peters and Nick Wilcox.
Directors are in the midst of updating NID’s Strategic Plan, a process that has included four public meetings to get community input. Through this process, the Board reaffirmed the District’s core mission, vision, and values and established six strategic goals to drive organizational alignment and priorities for the next five years. During Wednesday’s meeting, Directors agreed to have a Board workshop to fine-tune the final draft, including action items that are clear and have deliverables attached, so they can be measured for success.
Read the draft update to the Strategic Plan here.
In other NID Board matters, long-time employees were presented service awards for outstanding work. These included:
- Eric Fassler, Water Distribution Supervisor 08/16/1999
- Tony Moscini, Construction Inspector 08/16/1999
- Cameron Price, Maintenance Superintendent 08/23/1999
- Ken Copher, Maintenance Supervisor 12/13/1999
- Coby McCoy, Chief Water Treatment Operator 07/26/2004
- Matthew Halvorson, Assistant Water Superintendent 10/25/2004
- David Koeckritz, Vegetation Control Worker 10/04/2004
- Douglas Roderick, Engineering Manager 11/22/2004
- Andy Browning, Cross Connection Control Technician 07/20/2009
- Gene Presley, Senior Water Distribution Operator 11/17/2009
In addition, retirement presentations were made to:
- Sue Sindt, Water Resource Superintendent, June 6, 1988 through Dec. 30, 2019
- Brian Mesker, Equipment Operator, Sept. 22, 1997 through Jan. 10, 2020
The General Manager reported District water storage is 200,062 acre-feet, which is 74 percent of maximum capacity or 107 percent of a seven-year average for the water year. Precipitation (as measured at Bowman Lake) is 84 percent of average at 21.75 inches.
The next regular meeting of the NID Board of Directors will be held at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2020 at the NID Business Center located at 1036 West Main Street, Grass Valley. NID Board meetings are open to the public.