(GRASS VALLEY, May 26, 2022) – During the regularly scheduled Board of Director’s meeting on May 25th, NID adopted Resolution No. 2022-29, implementing the Governor’s Executive Order N-7-22, mandating California water agencies perform actions to achieve a twenty percent reduction in water use as compared to 2020 levels.
Although the region has experienced multiple storm events that have greatly improved water supply conditions, NID is required to comply with the directives of the Governor’s Executive order. The NID Resolution modifies the requirements of the District’s Water Supply Shortage Contingency Plan to address the required conservation mandates. NID’s Resolution imposes wise water use practices by restricting the following, except where necessary, to address immediate health and safety:
- The application of irrigation or potable water to outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes runoff; and
- The use of a hose that dispenses irrigation or potable water to wash a motor vehicle except where the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle; and
- The application of irrigation or potable water to driveways and sidewalks; and
- The use of irrigation or potable water in a fountain or other decorative water feature; and
- The application of irrigation or potable water to outdoor landscapes during and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall; and
- The serving of drinking water other than upon request in eating or drinking establishments; and
- Irrigating ornamental turf on public street medians with irrigation or potable water.
Further, the District’s customers shall be subject to the following measures:
- All District treated water customers will be required to reduce water use by 20% compared to 2020 usage; and
- Agricultural water customers irrigating ornamental landscape and/or turf and treated water customers shall be limited to three watering days per week:
o Odd address number can irrigate outdoors on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
o Even address number can irrigate outdoors on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday
- Outdoor watering shall be limited to early morning (before 10 AM) and late evening (after 6 PM); and
- Under no circumstance shall customers irrigate in a manner that creates runoff.
More information is available at www.nidwater.com